The Church Stewardship Survey provide valuable insights into your congregation’s attitudes and practices surrounding key disciplines that influence generosity.
The Church Stewardship Survey is a powerful ministry tool, both for assessment and communication.
By conducting this survey within your congregation, you will…
- Communicate a willingness to listen. This survey provides a tangible means to convey your concern and to discover what’s happening in the hearts and minds of your members
- Establish a connection between beliefs and behaviors. The survey covers a variety of topics – from mission and vision to personal practice of spiritual disciplines and generosity. Those who take it will be reminded there is a distinct connection between what we say we value and how this affects our behaviors.
- Measure the effectiveness of programming and resources. Your church offers a variety of programs and resources – but are there resulting heart and life changes? This survey will help you identify areas of ministry strength and potential areas for growth.
- Identify a plan for improvement. At the completion of this survey, you’ll not only receive a detailed report of your congregation’s responses, but also a practical “plan of attack” for improvement. Gain insight on how to bring your members into a deeper level of spiritual maturity and financial literacy with a clear vision for the impact your church can have on the community and the world.
We recommend churches first take this survey to establish a baseline, and then repeat the survey every three years to reevaluate and see where growth has occurred.
Barnabas Foundation will guide you through all of the steps to achieve a successful survey experience. We will...
- Set up a customized online survey with a unique Web URL that members of your congregation can take anonymously.
- Develop an easy-to-follow timeline to promote and execute your survey.
- Provide a variety of promotional material (newsletter content, bulletin announcements, PowerPoint slide, pulpit announcements, etc.) to ensure widespread participation.
Following the completion of the survey, we will provide you a comprehensive survey report, including:
- Overview report
- Demographic Breakdown
- Survey Results
- Church Mission and Vision
- Personal Finances
- Church Financial Resources
- Spiritual Disciplines
- Charitable Giving
- Will Planning
- Customized Recommendation
- Next Steps and Resources