Thanks to a generous estate gift from the Rimmer and Ruth De Vries family, the Abraham Kuyper Christian Leadership Fund has been established at Barnabas Foundation to advance the Reformed world and life view as taught and lived by Abraham Kuyper.
Grants from the fund will be awarded to support one or more of the following activities that further the Reformed world and life view:
- The translation and dissemination of Abraham Kuyper’s works.
- The development of tools and resources for use in expanding scholarship on Kuyper and applications of the Reformed world and life view to contemporary challenges.
- Hosting of conferences and/or working groups that engage students and thought leaders around the world.
- Support for Christian leadership development in under-resourced areas of the world.
- Residential fellowships for advanced graduate study for students in doctoral programs, focused on Kuyper’s works or neo-Calvinism, in amounts not to exceed one-third of the student’s total educational costs.
- Other new initiatives that will expand Kuyper’s influence on Christian leadership around the world.
- Special consideration will be given to projects that are matched by other gifts or that will serve as a catalyst for significant additional growth or impact on Christian thought and leadership.
Universities, seminaries, and other qualified 501(c)3, US based, charitable organization are eligible to receive grants. Non-US based organizations may apply, but will need a US based 501(c)(3) organization to channel the grant money from Barnabas Foundation to their organization.
Organizations wishing to submit a grant request should submit a formal grant proposal. Application deadlines are March 31 and August 31 of each year with grants awarded by June 30 and December 31, respectively.
Grant requests will be considered in amounts from $10,000 to $100,000 and can be made for one year or up to three years of recurring grants.
Preparing and Submitting Your Proposal
Your proposal for grant funding should include the following:
- Cover letter
- Organizational name, address, phone number and website
- Contact person name, title, phone, and email address
- Executive summary
- Organizational background
- Statement of need
- Goals and objectives
- Budget information
- Intended use of the grant funds
- Anticipated outcomes
- How your request meets the grant criteria
Your completed grant proposal should be sent to info@BarnabasFoundation.com with the subject “Kuyper Leadership Grant.”
Questions and Additional Information